Parade Entry Fee: This year we are asking all who wish to participate in the parade to donate either one(or more) standard household trash bag full of clean and empty cans and bottles that can be returned for deposit or $5 or more cash or venmo donation to Reedsport Headstart Classrooms. We will have a trailer at the sign up booth to collect cans and bottles. More ways to donate and more info can be found here
* One household per vehicle
*Groups with floats must maintain current social distancing standards with others not in the immediate household
* No handing out things(this is a safety issue and is not permitted per the city)
* Practice social distancing outside your vehicles with other families before or after the parade
* Be Sober operating a vehicle. Vehicles and drivers must be completely legal to participate.
* Must remain legally inside a vehicle or on a float during the parade.
* Decorate your ride in holiday style
* Arrive at the starting location 30 minutes early registrations opens at 5pm parade starts promptly at 6pm
* All vehicles must be street legal if they aren’t please state so in your application and contact the parade committee for approval(sxs and other atvs are permitted, all vehicles must be capable of at least 15mph and able to idle for long periods)
* No more people than seats available in vehicle per vehicle, all participants must be legally inside their vehicle
* No walking or any other activity outside a vehicle, exceptions may be made for equine groups
* No passing out or throwing treats from your vehicle, we don’t want kids running into the street
* Please keep political flags out of the parade, I respect your right to promote any political thing you want any time other than during the parade. This is a holiday parade not a political parade. . If possible please remove any political flags from your vehicle(this does not apply to the American flag or any military or first responder flags)
* Must follow all traffic laws.
* Must have your own liability insurance if you hit ANYTHING you are responsible not the city nor the organizer of this event and a waiver will be required to be singed at the registration booth.
* Please RSVP by filling out our online application or turning a paper application if you are planning on driving in the parade.
* Please stay at your home if it’s along the parade route with only the members of your own household and follow all current state and local guidelines
* If your home is not on the parade route and you wish to see it please only stick with your household group and maintain social distance guidelines at one of the public viewing locations
* Please keep children and pets near you at all times and do not allow anyone to run in to the street during the parade
* If you don’t live in the area please maintain current social distancing guidelines and watch out parade from one of our public viewing locations.